Terrific Tips

Our friends at ARCHITECTURAL DIGEST published 100 fabulous design tips! They asked 100 designers and architects reveal their own elements of style—the basics you need to know to create a comfortable, well-crafted home. Here are a few of I.O. METRO's favorites...




“In any job I like to have a sense of layers. I like the idea that you have places to hide, places to change your perspective.” – Juan Montoya



“You can do an awfully good color scheme by walking and picking up a few rocks.” -Terry Hunziker



“The architectural elements of a house should rule the interiors, and it’s important that everything have a sense of continuity.” –Donna Livingston



“I get help from the greatest designer: Mother Nature. I’m going green in my own home and will continue to press my clients in that direction. I’ve always advocated going with natural materials and fabrics.” –Ron Mann



“Marrying wood and steel successfully involves finding a way to combine them when they’re each the most important material for the situation.”-Peter Bohlin

No comments:

Post a Comment